This April we teamed up with our friends at Huckleberry Farms to produce a delicious dairy-free beetroot, blackcurrant and ginger-spiced Autumn porridge recipe. Huckleberry opened their first store in the early 1990’s with an aim to bring “natural, organic foods to New Zealand providing an intimate and knowledge led shopping experience.”
Huckleberry now has 7 outlets plus a convenient online store which stock a fantastic range of ethically and sustainably produced products. Huckleberry are big on supporting the community and offer complimentary naturopathic services plus well stocked herbal dispensaries at various sites - pretty awesome! Enjoy.
- 1 bottle Almighty Beetroot, Blackcurrant & Ginger organic juice
- 1 cup organic wholegrain oats
- 1 tsp fresh ginger (finely chopped)
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1/3 cup mixed fresh/frozen/preserved berries
- 2 Tbsp organic maple syrup
- dollop of Raglan Coconut Yoghurt
- small handful of fresh berries
- sprig of mint
In a pot, bring juice, oats, ginger, cinnamon, salt and berries to the boil. Gently simmer for 10 minutes. Add the maple syrup and stir through for 2 minutes. Serve in bowls topped with Raglan Coconut Yoghurt, fresh berries and mint.